Saturday, December 26, 2015

Love the Coopers Review


So just before we got out for Christmas Break me and my friends went and saw the movie "Love, the Coopers". I know that all of the movies I have reviewed so far have been movies I have loved. Well this movie, though I loved the cast, was not my favorite. Here's why:

First off, the cast of this movie was an all-star cast that included: Diane Keaton, John Goodman, Ed Helms, Amanda Seyfried, Alan Arkin, Olivia Wilde, and more. With this cast, am sure you can guess that the acting is not why I didn't particularly care for this movie. The movie was written by Steven Rogers and directed by Jessie Nelson.

This movie takes place at Christmas time and focuses around one family with many different stories. The parent's are struggling, the kids are struggling, and the senior generations are struggling. There was a lot of struggling and not a whole lot of well, joy. I know that some movies aren't supposed to be completely 100% happy, but this movie was not the movie that I thought I was going to see when I saw the trailer. I thought it was going to be about a struggling family, yes, but I also thought that the struggles would be made funny. The humor, however, lacked greatly.

This could be blamed on the advertising of the movie, or maybe there was a lot of humor left out, but I have a very versatile sense of everything and that includes humor. This movie, though I did laugh a few times, this was definitely not the Christmas comedy I thought I was seeing. The humor was a little too blunt and inappropriate and there was enough to balance out the really serious moments.
It wasn't overall terrible, but it wasn't worth the movie ticket and I was rather disappointed with the overall product.

The best of the whole movie was the dog that was voiced by Steve Martin. He was the only character that didn't make me feel highly uncomfortable as I sat in the theater.
I am sorry to say, don't go see this movie because I give it a two out of five stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment