Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Get Fit & Get Happy


The New Years resolution that I have been focused on the most is getting fit. I want to eat healthy and workout a lot. My goal is to look as fit as a sports illustrated model.....but that's shooting for another galaxy, but hey why not shoot for another galaxy and land on the stars?

So here are some of my fitness goals and tricks I am doing to achieve them.

Workouts
I have many different types of workouts. I find most of them on Pinterest of course. Click here>>>Pinterest to see my Health and Fitness board. I really like the workout I found from Fitness Lord right now. It is shown below. I usually do one of the cardios and then the workout for that day as well as a focus after, like butt, arms, abs, or legs.

Food
I have just decided to eat healthier over all. I used to just count calories and eat whatever I want, which on occasion I still do, but lets be honest. That doesn't really work. So I have either thrown my bad food away, or I have hidden it away for a rainy day. Here are some pictures of some of the meals I have been eating.












Yoga/Meditation
Remember to breath. Part of being healthy and fit is making sure that you aren't holding in all of the things that make you upset so let it out and breath. I like to read my bible and then meditate on that.

Sleep
I wake up at 5:20 A.M. to go to the gym and it's hard to get enough sleep when you do that, but I just try and shoot for 9:30 and sometimes it turns into 10 or even 10:30, but that's okay. I still get at least 7 hours of sleep and I still get to sleep in on the weekends.

So far this has been my favorite resolution because it really keeps me focused. I feel more awake in classes and pay attention more and I have less anxiety when I work out. I went about two days without going to the gym and all my anxiety flooded in. I think this is something I am really going to stick with hopefully even past this year. I will keep y'all up to date with my progress and any new tips and tricks I have for Getting Fit and Getting Happy. Let me know what you thought in the comments below and don't forget to follow me on social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment