Thursday, February 9, 2017

Recognize that you are Beautiful


It's hard for me to see the beauty in myself and I know that this is a common thing for girls in general. We are our worst critic and for me it's not a false modesty. I don't say these things to have people correct me, I just truly believe it. But to avoid that accusation, I generally try not to say anything. I have decided to try and see the beauty in me. I think that it is important for your outward confidence and I think it is something I need to work on.

Beauty comes from not just your face or body, but also your personality so do something. 1)Forget every negative thing you have ever thought about yourself. 2)Now look in the mirror. 3)Look at yourself with fresh eyes. 4)Find things you like about yourself. 5)Tell yourself what you find. (You don't have to say these out loud if that will make you uncomfortable.)

Knowing your beauty is so much more than having people give you compliments. You have to be able to see it yourself and I know that no one wants to recognize their good traits out of fear of being arrogant or cocky, but there is a difference between cockiness and confidence. Confidence is being able to recognize that you deserve good things and possess good traits, but cockiness is feeling the need to remind everyone around you of that. There is a fine line so be careful.

Realize your beauty and know your strengths. You deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment