Monday, June 22, 2015

Let's Go to the Movies: Jurassic World

           I have a lot of thoughts about the latest installment of the Jurassic Park series. I've seen a few reviews of it that include ripping it to shreds due to it's use of C.G.I as well as the inaccuracies that are shown with the Dinosaurs. I think those articles are wrong. I think the reason that people are giving this such a hard time is because the series sequels haven't been the best and they just decided to write this one off from the beginning.
            Jurassic world was very well made. People give it a hard time because of C.G.I, but how else are you supposed to make creatures that don't exist look real. I know that the argument used in this case is to use puppets. However, I can't be sure, but there is a part where Chris Pratt is petting a Long Necked Dinosaur and you can see his hand hits every bump and wrinkle on the Dino's neck. This makes me believe there was some use of puppets.
           The other argument against this movie is that the Dinosaurs that are depicted are completely inaccurate and do not look like what they actually would have. My argument against this is that this movie is a Sci-Fi movie. Of course it's not accurate and even in the movie they explain that the only way for Jurassic world to exist is to mix the pure DNA of Dinosaurs with the DNA of other animals. This causes some changes in the make up of the Dinos on the island.
           All in all, this movie was terrifying in the best way and was enjoyably reminiscent of the first movie. There were many hidden references that will make a true fan even more excited. And who could hate the raptor squad. I hated raptors before this movie but they were just awesome. It was like watching a PG-13 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with Dinos. How does that not sound entertaining?
           Basically, I say that you should give this movie a chance because I think it will surprise you. I was skeptical at first too. When there is a sequel to one of your favorite series it should make you nervous. There's a lot that can go wrong and sequels don't have the best reputation. Still I was pleasantly surprised and entertained by this movie and I give it an 3.75 out 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment