Wednesday, February 17, 2016

How To Be Single Review


Me and my fabulous new roommates went on an outing to the movies! You all know how much I love the movies. We saw How To Be Single and here is what I thought of it.

So this movie was written by Marc Silverstein, Dana Fox, and Abby Kohn and directed by Christian Ditter. It has an all star cast with Rumor Wilson, Dakota Johnson, and Leslie Mann. Dakota plays a girl, Alice, just coming out of a very long term relationship with the intent to "find her self". The man she left behind was heart broken and didn't agree with the reason at all. He had dreams of marriage.

She heads to the city to work at a law firm where she meets Rumor Wilson's character Robin. When they go out to have a good time, they have a little too much fun. Robin gives Alice a lesson in how to be single. Along with Alice's sister played by Leslie Mann, these three girls figure out what exactly they want from life and from themselves.

This story is not what anyone would expect. Story lines come and some story lines go. This is life and this movie was very much realistic, which is not the usual for movies. The ending isn't sad or anything, but I think it will surprise you and you will walk away having laughed a lot and, if you are single, being much happier about the ending than if you were to watch your average chick flick. I really enjoyed this movie and I would even go again.

The set was New York, which is always a good setting. It is a common place for someone to go to find themselves. I have even thought of moving there myself after college and everything. The music was killer. It was modern stuff but it fit the moments perfectly. Other than that, yo will just have to see it yourself!

Overall the movie was a great experience. I give this movie a 4 out of 5 stars. I recommend it and you should definitely catch it when you can because honestly, I have been single for a while and even I didn't know how to be single until this movie. I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope you go and see How To Be Single out in theaters now. Let me know what you thought in the comments below and have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment