Friday, February 5, 2016

Starting Over


With going to Disney approaching fast, I am feeling a little anxious about it. This feeling is very familiar to the one I had when I was getting ready to go to college. It's exciting to be going somewhere completely new and getting a chance to start over. Not like change my whole look, though I did cut my hair, and change my whole way of living and believing. I just like the idea of a fresh start. Here are some tips for going to a new place and starting over.

Know that once you get there, you will automatically start to have a good time.
There will be welcome events and new people every where and in my case there will be work.

Don't be afraid to put yourself out there.
Making friends is not the same as talking to a boy you like. I mean it can be but at the beginning of any kind of friendship all it is is you saying "Hi, my name is...." That's it.

Make sure you have a fortress of solitude.
If you are somewhere for a while, make your room a place to retreat to. Just because you are starting over doesn't mean forgetting memories. Hang some pictures, lights, and add a ton of pillows. Think cozy.

Remember why you are there.
I am going to work first. I will take classes in summer but work still comes first. Focus can be a big part of weather or not you succeed when starting over.

Keep up your faith.
Sometimes I have to take a step back and remember that God's always there for me and he's to thank.

Decide to be happy.
I am bad about letting my emotions affect me drastically. I find that when I decide to be happy in the morning it really works and I live better.

Take time to Relax.
Sometimes relaxing can be something you really need to make time for and that's okay.

So there are my tips for "starting over". Remember you are still you. Remember where you came from, but take this opportunity to take what you have learned and use it in your interactions. I hope you enjoyed my few words of wisdom. Though I am nervous about Disney, I have done this before and I know I can do it again. Let me know what tips you have for this kind of thing in the comments below. I hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment