Monday, October 12, 2015

Serve with Smiles


As a Christian, it is my firm belief that we are called to serve. And believe it or not, this can be the easiest thing in the world to do on a daily basis. 

Here at Auburn I am a Communications major and I get asked all the time, "What do you want to do with that?" My answer? I don't have a clue. I will be happy doing absolutely anything as long as it makes people smile. I love it when people smile, and even more so when it is because of me. So that is what I want to do with that, but how do you apply for that job you may ask? You don't. 


What I am getting at here, is you do not need a degree to make people smile. And this is also the easiest way to serve God. We need to be kind in the world and be brave enough to tell people why we are doing it. 

Sure we should also help those in need and give money, but those aren't options every day. But something as simple as holding the door open for someone, asking how someone is, saying bless you, telling them to have a good day, or giving someone a compliment whether or not you know them. It all leads to a smile curling on their lips and you may have even made their day.

My point is, showing your love for Christ through kindness goes a long way in serving the Lord. And remember another way to make people smile is to smile yourself in their direction.

I hope you enjoyed learning how I like to serve God on a daily basis. Let me know how you serve in the comments below and remember to have a wonderful day and week!

No comments:

Post a Comment