Monday, September 14, 2015

What My Family Means To Me

This past weekend was my birthday so my family came down for the game on Saturday. Don't even get me started on that game. Anyway, I just really wanted to share about my family a little more.


You have read about all three of my brothers before and now I am going to tell you about the parents.

My Mom grew up in Pittsburgh, PA. She has a northern, spitfire sense of humor and a huge love for sports, particularly football. She is my best friend and she is the only voice of reason I listen to because she is usually right. Except for when I am. ;)


My Dad grew up in Birmingham, AL. He went to military school as a kid and also attended Auburn just like me. He has the softest heart I have ever encountered, and I know there is nothing he wouldn't do for me and my brothers or their wives. 


You know about my three brothers. None of us has an accent that is specific to any area. You may have heard about spanglish, but that is how we are with our accent. It depends on what we are watching or who we are talking to, and what we are talking about. This is because we have parents from the north and the south. Dad says wersh instead of wash and mom says Bab instead of Bob. It really is quite interesting to hear. 

Anyone who knows me knows that my family means the world to me. For me blood is definitely thicker than water, and if you have our blood you live and die for your family. I am so incredibly thankful that God has given me 21 amazing years with my family and I don;t know what I would do without them. A verse that fits well with the love of a family is 1Corinthians 13:4-7:
"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."

I hope you enjoyed this post about my parents and a recap of my brothers. Tell me about your family in the comments below. I hope you have a wonderful day/week.

No comments:

Post a Comment