Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Getting a Good Night's Sleep


With the beginning of the semester upon us, I have started to realize how important sleep actually is and how I may be starting to fail when it comes to my sleeping patterns. Sleep is very important always, but especially as a college student. Often college students think that they can get away with the minimal of sleep. I made this mistake

1)Make sure the temperature is how you like it.
2)Clean your sheets.
3)Don't eat up to two hours before you try to sleep. Food gives you energy and energy is not what you need when you are trying to go to sleep.
4)Give yourself time to shut down. Try not to make your brain be too active with phones or TV.
5)Get ready for bed before you want to be in bed.
6)I don't like the light when I sleep so I make sure I get it as dark as I can.
7)Lay down even if you don't fall asleep because laying down still helps you rejuvenate. 
8)Read a book. I like reading to slow down a little bit and take my mind off things, but reading makes me sleepy so I read.
9)Make sure your pillows are how you like them because I know that when my pillow is too fluffy or too flat I cannot sleep.
10)Use a sound machine if you are one of those people who needs a constant sound when they sleep.

I love sleep a lot! It is a really important part of everyday life. You need sleep to stay active and aware! It is important to know what works for you in sleeping. I hope this gave you some ideas of how to sleep. Let me know what you do in the comments below. I would love to hear it. I hope you all sleep well tonight and I hope you have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment