Monday, September 28, 2015

Favorite Places In Charleston!



I love Charleston so, so much. I have been to New York City, St. Louis, San Fransisco, and many other cities. But to this day, Charleston remains to be my favorite city of all time. I am in love with its history and beauty. Really it's amazing. So for those of you who haven't been, here are the places you absolutely have to go.

Outskirts of Charleston:


 Boone Hall- This is a plantation that has been the backdrop for many actors and actresses. These include Patrick Swayze, Rachel McAdams, and Mr.&Mrs. Ryan Reynolds. 


The Village- This is a place I only just learned about on my last trip to Charleston. It is the small town that portrayed Seabrook in the Notebook.





 Fort Sumter- This one is in the harbor in Charleston. It is historically known for being a part of the first battle of the Civil War.





Downtown Charleston:

The Battery- The battery has always been known to me as the pirate graveyard, but it also has a killer view of the water.


John C. Calhoun House- This house was also featured in a few movies. It is quite beautiful on the outside and the in, though there is a lot of artifacts within it now.




St. Philip's Church- This is just one of the many church steeples that you will see while in Charleston, but you can tell that this one has been around the longest. (I mean that in a good way of course!)



The Three Sisters- There is a story about three houses that were built by a father for his three daughters. For the brunette, a brick house. For the blonde, a yellow house. And for the redhead, a pink house.



Rainbow Row- This is one of my favorite places in the world. It is a strip of houses that are all a different color and they are simply beautiful.



So I hope, for those of you who wanted to know a little more about Charleston, that this helped. Let me know what your favorite city is in the comments below. I hope you enjoyed learning more about me and, as always, have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment