Friday, July 17, 2015

Being an Awesome Sister!

Joining a sorority this year, has really brought to me a sense of sisterhood. I know that we call each other sisters so I should have accepted it, but I was also nervous that I wouldn't have a place in a group full of girls. I grew up with three brothers, and yes as you have probably guessed, I have been a tomboy just about my whole life. It wasn't really until high school that I grew out of it, but I am still kind of a girl bro at heart. I never knew what it would be like to have sisters until, firstly my roommates, and then this sorority. And I have learned from the best what makes the best sorority sister and friend:

First- You can probably guess, that I am going to say be kind. Kindness to others will bring kindness to you.

Second- Be understanding. Know that you aren't going to agree on every opinion and that's ok. You don't have to agree all the time. That is the definition of opinion.

Thirdly- Communicate with each other. I have had some tiffs with my roommates and my sorority sisters, and the best thing to do in that situation is just talk about, even if you don't want to.

Fourth- Be Generous and give surprises. I love when people surprise me, and it makes me really feel like they care. But I also love to surprise others. It makes me smile to know I have made someone else smile.

Fifth-Be yourself no matter how weird. And actually my weirdness won't let me even try and hide it. But that's okay because my sisters don't care.

Sixth- Celebrate together. Celebrate important things together. This is a family trait and you are sisters after all.

Seventh- Be grateful. Know how lucky you are to have girls that surround you and support you to the point of family. I know I am.

Bonus- Take lots and lots of pictures to capture moments of friendship that will last a lifetime. (Check out some of mine at the bottom)

I learned from my sisters all of these things and I hope they all know how much I love them for it. Here's to Froomies and Sisters for the Lord. Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for reading. Don't forget to follow Mooniemag on Instagram and go like us on Facebook. Have a great Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment