Tuesday, July 7, 2015

15 Great Movie Series

Spending my days at work has only made me long for a day where I stay at home and watch movies all day. Now I know this is probably not the most responsible aspiration, but I love movies and movie days. What makes a movie day even better is when there is a series you can spend all day watching. I have grown up with three brothers; however, I still love the girly things in life. This has given me a very versatile style and interests in things, so this list will have a good variety of things for every type of person. Well, here we go. The best movie series to watch on a movie day:

1) Harry Potter- This series is a great one for remembering "where you were when". I remember seeing the first one for the first time and how the second one gave me nightmares for a while. I was really young mind you.
2) Hunger Games- This series is, of course, awesome! All the movies aren't out yet, but the last one comes out this year and in the meantime, you can watch the first three in preparation.
3) The Princess Diaries- This series would be if you have only a little time on your hands because there are only two movies, but that doesn't make them any less awesome. These movies made me wish we had uniforms, so if that doesn't tell you anything I don't know what will. Also, I have heard a little rumor that there might be a third one in the making.
4) The Lord of the Rings- For the ones out there who love Harry Potter, this series is a magical world also, but it is more adult than the Harry Potter series. It is quite brutal. This brings me to number 5.
5) The Hobbit- The last installment of this series came out only this past year, but there were all incredible. I would strongly recommend watching these with The Lord of the Rings Series
6) Batman- The Dark Knight series is one of the best reboots I have ever seen and they are all awesome. They were very well done to make batman seem real. Also keep an eye out for Batman vs. Superman coming out soon.
7) Jurassic Park- Some of you probably don't realize that before Jurassic world there were three other movies and not just one. I suggest watching them all. Then you can accurately choose your favorite because they are all different, but awesome.
8) Legally Blonde- There are three of these movies and they are all very girly and cute. It just makes me happy to watch these movies.
9) Star Wars- It may seem weird that I just went from Legally Blonde to Star Wars, but there is a lot to be said about a series that takes place in a galaxy far far away. Just please if you watch these, make sure you watch them 4-6 then 1-3. That is how George Lucas made them and that is how they are meant to be seen. Don't go messing with genius.
10) Marvel- Watch all the Marvel Superheroes, plus the Avengers, in the order that they came out.
11) Halloweentown- These movies are my favorite things to watch for Halloween. They are just so dang magical and I love it. They remind me of what it was like when I was younger and  that was the best feeling.
12) The Santa Clause- These are some great Christmas movies. They are also very reminiscent of my childhood.
13) Chick Flick Mania- This is not a real series, but if you want to watch a chick flick series, gather your favorites and watch them all. For me: Miss Congeniality, Pretty Woman, Runaway Bride, Maid in Manhattan, Flashdance, Steel Magnolias, etc. I would do all of these and more.
14) X-Men- There's a lot of these and you will need to watch these in the order that they came out too. Otherwise, it won't be right.
15) Pixar- Watch them all, because they are all amazing.


The trick to making a movie day is to pick things that connect to each other. You could have a magic day and watch all you favorite magical movies. You could have a superhero day and watch all your favorites of those, even if they cross comic book universes. You could have a Disney day and watch all the classics. Come up with your own themes and connect movies that others may not. Go crazy with your themes. Dress up, have props, and food that all mimic the series you're watching. I hope you enjoyed this little list I conjured up and don't forget to go follow Mooniemag on Instagram! Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment