Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Let's go to the Movies: Trainwreck

Trainwreck was a terribly, horribly, ghastly, hilarious film that shined to everyone who saw it. Even the crew of old ladies behind me laughed hysterically the whole movie. Written and starred in by Amy Schumer and directed by Judd Apatow, this film has an all-star cast to match its all-star script.

The main character is a commitment scared mid-twenties woman who grew up thinking marriage didn't exist. While most women her age are looking to settle down, she is trying her best to avoid it. However, she gets shaken when she finds herself falling in love. This romantic comedy is rated R due to slight nudity and some foul language, but if you are over seventeen I highly recommend it. I loved the curve balls that were thrown in this movie, that were unlike every other romantic comedy.
Stereotypical RomCom Plot: Boy meets girl in a cutish way and they, in a montage, fall in love with a dainty little song played over it. Then the boy does something wrong and he has to do a huge show number worthy gesture to make it up to her. It doesn't take, but two seconds for her to forgive him and they live happily ever after. 
Don't get me wrong, I love RomComs and all their romantic cheesiness, but this movie puts a new twist on it.

Amy has written an amazing script that is simply comedic timing gold and it makes for a great movie. Lebron James makes an appearance as himself and it's a slam dunk. <----Pun! He was a better actor then I expect most athletes to be and he was really funny. Him along with Bill Hader, John Cena, and Brie Larson offer up a lovable cast of characters that are relatable in some ways and not in others. Bill Hader's character is the guy every girl wishes to be with, and his taste in music isn't so bad either. The music overall in this movie was a pleasant combination of just about everything. Music makes or breaks a movie in my opinion. This movie had the songs of today with a few oldies thrown in, and they were a perfect way to keep a viewer entertained.

The thing I loved the most about this movie was how relatable Amy as a lead female was. She wasn't afraid to make fun of herself or call herself imperfect. She's not stick-thin and she's incredibly charming. She made it possible to love her quirky character, who was hilariously insulting. Amy Schumer is someone to watch out for. She may be inappropriate at times, and she may make mistakes, but she will always make you laugh and I look forward to that, because like her character I can be a bit of a Trainwreck myself. Example:
Where's my hair brush?


 There's my hairbrush.


My lame attempt to make you laugh. Did it work? I give this movie 4 out of 5 stars. Go see Trainwreck in theaters now, and let me know what you thought of it. Don't forget to follow Mooniemag on Instagram and go like us on Facebook as well. Have a wonderful day and I will see you tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment