Thursday, July 2, 2015

Sharks! It had to be Sharks!

Hello all!
Image result for sharksSo I am in the Outer Banks celebrating the fourth with my family and with the recent shark attacks I thought I would share some of my knowledge about sharks to help y'all know when you are in danger. So far there has been about seven shark attacks in the last three weeks. Scientists are saying this is because of all the rain that has happened this past winter. Here's the thing. Rain make the water murky. This is a not so fancy way of saying cloudy and very disguising for sharks. They like murky water because it hides them as they pass through the waters. Another thing that makes sharks more prominent is lat afternoon. This is prime hunting time for sharks. And though some sharks can go a while without eating, better to be safe than sorry. Basically, if it's around the time of 4-6, raining, and murky, swim away. Be careful, keep an eye out, and get out of the water. The good news is, these sharks attacks are not all by the same shark. They aren't even the same type of shark, so we don't have to worry about a Jaws kind of situation.
In other new, I have spent about 8 hours in the car today and I just have to say, if you don't have some way to watch movies then you are a saint. I hope this helps your knowledge of what to look for to keep yourself safe at the beach. Have a Happy Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment