Monday, November 23, 2015

Mockingjay Part 2 Review


I absolutely love the Hunger Games series. I read the books, which is rare for me because I am not much of a reader, but I loved them. When they were made into movies I knew that they wouldn't be exactly the same as the book and I am okay with that because some things are harder to portray. From the first one, I have been able to say that I know the differences from the books to the movies but still I have always thought that both, for their medium, were done incredibly well and were very entertaining.

This time around it was very bittersweet. It was the last installment of the movies and though I knew what was going to happen, I was still very excited. I did dress up because I have never dressed up for a series before and this was the last one and I was Katniss for Halloween so I already had the costume. I did leave my bow at home, though. Needless to say, I was excited to see this movie.

So let's get to the movie. Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 was directed by Francis Lawrence and stars Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, and Liam Hemsworth. It started right where I remember it leaving off in the books. At this point, Peeta has been rescued from the capitol and is not exactly in love with Katniss at the moment. Prim is excelling in medical attention and Mrs. Everdeen is still helping in that area as well. There are Mockingjay supporters in every district and Katniss is still filming Propos for Coin and Plutarch.

Right from the beginning this movie was, for lack of a better word, emotionally wrenching. It is definitely the darkest of all the movies and that is because the peak of the war is on the horizon as well as the down fall. It mimicked the book very well in my opinion. There were differences that I was kind of like "um what" but mostly it matched my imagination, which is rare. There was the part where the mutts attacked, and that's not what they looked like in the book, but then there is a part in the movie when Katniss and Prim are in the capitol and it was exactly how I pictured it in my head when I read the book......Then I cried.

I think the most important parts for the movie to get right compared to the book were done as epically on screen as they were in my head. For those of you who haven't seen the movie yet or even read the book, you will know what I am talking about. I don't want to spoil anything for any of you but let me just say, I love the books and I love the movies, though I can see the differences that usually make others angry. All in all, I cried when the end came because I knew the series was over.....Also I really had to use the restroom. I give it a 4 out of 5 stars!

Let me know what you thought of the Hunger Games movie adaptations in the comments below and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment