Friday, November 6, 2015

Movie Review: Pan


If there is one thing everyone should know about me is that I love movies and I love magic. My favorite magic-filled story? Peter Pan. Today I am going to review its live-action prequel by Warner Bros. that came out this past month. Pan.

So there has been this live-action kick, where the classic cartoons we all love, are being made into a live action version. For Peter Pan, Warner Bros. have made the beginning of Peter's lostness called Pan. This is great because hopefully it means we can expect a sequel.

Pan was very different from what you might expect from the cartoon adaptation or even the original book by J. M. Barrie. It begins with Peter's mom, upbringing, and friendships while he was still here in our world. Upon arrival in Neverland for the first time, it is not the magical place we all know and love. Though, there are still pirates, natives, and fairies. There is a war going on in Neverland. To see what happens you will just have to go and see it for yourself and it is totally worth it. The one thing that creeped me out from this movie was the appearance of the pirates, but when you make something live action, the villains should be creepier than normal.

As a fan of Peter Pan for as long as I can remember, this movie lived up to my expectations and then some. I really enjoyed this movie and I don't even care that I went to see it by myself........No shame.
I recommend this movie if you love thrilling, realistic versions of your favorite magical stories. I give it a 2.75 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment