Thursday, November 19, 2015

Words to Live by!


The Alpha Mu chapter of Sigma Phi Lambda has welcomed almost a hundred new lambies to our wonderful phamily. Our initiation was Tuesday and as a big I was happy to present my little with her official phi lamb pin, certificate, and a verse that I picked for her. I would like to share some pictures and the verse that I chose.

Okay, so for the verse I chose, I had narrowed it down to three:

  1. 1 Corinthians 13:7                                                                                                                                          "Love bears all things, believes all things,                                                                                   hopes all things, endures all things.                                                                                                    Love never fails."
  2. Colossians 3:2                                                                                                                                                     "Set your mind on things above."
  3. Ephesians 1:11                                                                                                                                                            "It is in Christ we find                                                                                                                   who we are                                                                                                              and what we are living for."
I didn't mean to make this sound like "Goldilocks and the Three Bears", but I did end up choosing the third one. These three really stuck out to me because they are true words to live by. It is important that we remember the love that God has for us, our focus should be on God above, and that he gives us a reason and the strength to live. 
In the end, any one of these would be perfect but something about Ephesians 1:11 really stuck out to me. Maybe because I feel like this is a verse that needs to be said more often, or that I need to hear it more often. So I decorated it up and tried to make it artsy. Whatever the reason for choosing it, my little really loved it and that made me so happy.

I really enjoy when I need to think about the Bible more because it enlightens me. Though I may have heard these verses before, they were still verses I really needed right now. I hope you enjoyed seeing what I made for Sigma Phi Lambda's initiation. Let me know what verse's impact you in the comment's below and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Here are those pictures I promised you.

She's growing up so fast! 

A little bit of our extended phamily!

Congratulations new Lambies!

No comments:

Post a Comment