Friday, August 14, 2015

An Easy College Meal: Spaghetti


Today is a Friday and that means I talk about one of four things. Clothes, Food, Holidays, and those Holiday Traditions. All, of course, pertaining to the Month. Ever wonder about the "This Month" tab?
I am going back to college this month, so today I am going to share with you one of the easiest meals you can make because we all know when it comes to college we want easy. This is spaghetti made the way it was when I was growing up. Feel free to add anything you like. I will also tell you how to make my cheese bread that goes with it.

Spaghetti Ingredients:
1-2 Jars of Ragu
1-2 Boxes of Angel Hair Pasta (I prefer Rigatoni Pasta)
1 Pound of ground beef
Salt
Parmesan cheese

Cheese Bread Ingredients:
1 Slice of Bread for every person
Any kind of cheese you like. I do American because it's o hand.
Butter
Oregano
Garlic

Spaghetti Directions:
Boil a pot of water for the noodles and sprinkle salt in another pot. Add the ground beef to the pot with salt an begin to let it brown. Once the water boils, pour the noodles into the pot and let them cook. Sprinkle some salt in the water and stir a little bit. Keep an eye on the noodles and stir occasionally. Continue to brown the meet. Once it is browned add the Ragu sauce to the meet and stir. Let the sauce heat up all the way as you focus on the noodles. Once the noodles are cooked to your liking, drain them and get a plate. Make sure to sprinkle parmesan cheese on the top and it is complete.

Cheese Bread Directions:
At home I have a toaster oven which makes this a lot easier, but at college I just have a toaster so I will do the directions for both.
Toaster: Toast each slice of bread. After they are toasted, butter each slice. Sprickle some oregano and a little bit of garlic over the butter. Cover the bread with cheese and put it in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds to melt the cheese. Then you have your cheese bread.
Toaser Oven: Before placing each bread in the toaster oven, butter, oregano, garlic, and cheese. Place it in the toaster over and toast for a few minutes. Then you have your cheese bread...again.

So that is my easy Spaghetti dinner for college kids, but let's be real I will eat this long after college. I love this stuff so much, and it's even better left over. I hope if you try this that you enjoy it, and let me know what you think in the comments below. I hope you have a wonderful day and an even better meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment