Monday, August 3, 2015

Things That Comfort Me: God

This week is the week before I have to start packing and getting organized for School, so I decided I would get comfortable and share with you what comforts me. I am still at work for this week, but I thought I could still share with y'all what would comfort me if I was at home haha. There is a list and we all know how I love lists, but there are more specific topics for this also. My comfort List:

            • God
            • Food
            • My Bed
            • Down Time
            • Cozy Clothes
            • A Day to Myself
I will tell you about all of these things and I will start with God. God is the only thing in this world that gives me true comfort. It's ironic to me that every time my mind starts to think too much, God always somehow reminds me that he is where I should focus because he has everything under control, and he always has your best interest at heart.
Yesterday I started to think too much, and then last minute I decided to go see my friends and go to church. The lesson last night was on Proverbs 3:1-6:
1 My son, do not forget my 
teaching, 
but let your heart keep my 
commandments,
for length of days and 
years of life 
and peace they will add to 
you.
3 Let not steadfast love and 
faithfulness forsake 
you; 
bind them around your 
neck; 
write them on the tablet of 
your heart.
4 So you will find favor and 
good success 
in the sight of God and 
man.
5 Trust in the Lord with all 
your heart, 
and do not lean on your 
own understanding.
In all your ways 
acknowledge him, 
and he will make straight 
your paths.

I know that I often pray and then go "now what am I going to do?" I learned last night that God should be my one and only plan. No plan B. Trusting in God was described like this last night: It's like giving a blank check that you signed over to God and letting him fill out the amount. I really liked that. I definitely needed to hear this, and it just amazes me that this always happens whenever I am feeling a little fearful. He always has a way of letting me know everything will be okay. 
Another amazing thing happened last night as another reminder. There is a small group from my church that is going to Peru on a mission trip. For a while there they thought that they weren't going to be able to go because of money. They were told to keep praying about it so they did. A couple of months went by and I was told they were still praying. Then last night they announced that the money worked out and they are going to get to go. That really helped me realize that God listens, he really does, and even if he doesn't get you what you want right when you want it, or even at all, he will find a way to show you he is there and he hears you. 
I am so glad I went to church last night and I thought it only fitting to share all of that because on my fabulous Blog calendar it has written "Comfort in God" for today and it seemed only fitting he showed me all that last night. 
Well, I just wanted to share with y'all how God has comforted me lately in hopes that it would comfort you. I will share with y'all the rest of my comforting subjects throughout the week, so keep an eye out! In the meantime share with me what comforts you, and your favorite God moments in the comments below, or on Instagram with #MoonieMagComfortWeek. I thought no better way to start out the week then with God so have a wonderful Monday and a Blessed week!

Don't forget to go follow Moonie-Mag on Instagram and go Like us on Facebook too. If you prefer Pinterest, then just go search Malan Lynn (<<<< That's Me!) and then go follow my Moonie-Mag Board!


No comments:

Post a Comment