Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Things That Comfort Me: The Bed


Happy Hump Day All!!!!! That much closer to the weekend, not having to work anymore, and going back to Auburn.
As you know, I am sharing all of the wonderful things that comfort me this week. A.K.A.) Moonie-Mag Comfort Week. To recap, here's the list again:
              • God
              • Food
              • My Bed
              • Down Time
              • Cozy Clothes
              • A Day to Myself
I have shared with you how God comforts me, and my favorite comfort food. Well, today I will share with you how to make the comfiest Bed!
We all know the wonderful feeling of climbing into a fluffy bed after a long day at the office or, in my case, on campus. It is the best thing in the world when you are so tired. However, it can be the worst feeling in the world when your bed isn't like you like it. For me, this happens when the sheets are bundled or moving with my legs, or when my pillows aren't living up to my neck. I hate this, and it has taught me how to make a bed that I can fall asleep smiling in.

#1 Use good clean sheets that stay put. I know in college, washing your sheets doesn't happen as often as it should, but really it should happen once every two weeks at least. I am going to try and be better about this one.

#2 Let your comforter double as the blanket. I know when I was a kid my mom would make my bed and it would always go, sheet 1, sheet 2, blanket, and comforter. Well, I am saying skip the blanket and let the fluffy comforter be both.

#3 Put a throw blanket at the end of your bed for decoration, but also in case you do get cold in the middle of the night. Throw Blankets also just make a bed look cuddle worthy.

#4 Make a cocoon of pillows. Your pillow arrangement should be like a cloud that supports your head, neck, and dreams the way you like it. Figure out what you like and don't be afraid to pretend you are royalty and have an amazing set up of pillows.

#5 Christmas lights aren't always for Christmas. Set some nice mood lighting to help create a calm atmosphere.

BONUS: Take up the whole bed! It's your bed after all!

Let me know what makes your bed so warm and inviting in the comments below, or show me on Instagram with the #MoonieMagComfortWeek! I would love to see/know about it. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week and a blessed day!

Don't forget to go follow Moonie-Mag on Instagram and go Like us on Facebook too. If you prefer Pinterest, then just go search Malan Lynn (<<<< That's Me!) and then go follow my Moonie-Mag Board!

No comments:

Post a Comment