Thursday, August 20, 2015

How to Talk to Your Teachers!


I know I know I know! None of us really has the desire to go and talk to our teachers during those office hours that they have, but I say you should. You really will need them to pass this class and they are there waiting for you to ask for help. Now, there is a certain way that you should address your teachers, though. And it may be scary to actually do so, but that's why I am going to give you a few tips on how to do it.
First things first, figure out all your teachers office hours. It should be on the Syllabus. If you can make them, then I stongly suggest you go and just introduce yourself one day. Let them know you want to do well in their class and give them a reason to want to help you. They will greatly appreciate it and be impressed.
Make sure you remember what teacher is who, and be aware of their personality. Say your teachers name is John Smith. Don't go in his office and be like : "Sup John?". That's a no no. Unless, of course, he says otherwise.
Be respectful and remember that if you are taking a foreign language, that teacher may think something you do is rude depending on where they are from. I am in French this semester and I was informed that it is only customary to say monsieur, mademoiselle, or madame to address your teachers. So I advise you to be aware of where they are from in all cases.
Know that they really are there to help, so don't be afraid to ask questions. Even if you may think that they are stupid. I promise they aren't and someone else has had the same question.
Say thank you to your teacher when you can. Once I had a teacher who said that we wouldn't have class today when we got there, but the people who showed up would get extra credit. All we had to do was a sign a piece of paper and hand it to him. Especially in these cases, say thank you as you hand him the paper. But also they don't have to show up and teach. They do it for you. So make sure you appreciate them, because they could just stay home and tell you to read the book if they wanted.
Basically, the overall way to approach your teachers is to be appreciative and someone they would want to help. I hope this gives you an idea of how to take advantage of the time they have for you and how to go about it. Let me know what you thought in the comments below, or if you have anything to add I would love to hear it! I hope you have a wonderful day and I hope you aren't too afraid of your teachers haha.

**Don't forget to go follow MoonieMagMalan on Instagram, and go like us on Facebook. If you prefer Pinterest, search Malan Lynn(<<<<<That's Me!) and go follow my Moonie-Mag Board. I have also recently turned my good old Twitter account into a Moonie-Mag account, so don't forget to go follow that also.**

No comments:

Post a Comment